Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Crying Men









Not too long ago, I became aware of a photography exhibit by the English artist Sam Taylor-Wood

The exhibit consisted of a collection of photographs - in color and black and white - of famous men crying.


Taylor-Wood arranged with these actors’ agents for them to participate in a photographic project - but the actors were unaware of subject's theme. When each actor arrived for the photo shoot, they were simply asked to cry.

In my work, being vulnerable, being sad, and crying are hard things to do. Even harder for men. When this exhibition was turned into a book, I had to buy it. It now rests on the bookcase in my office for anyone to view.

Kinda helps take away the stigma of being emotional, I think.


For more, link here



Pictured are Laurence Fishburne, Robert Downey Jr. & Tim Roth