The holiday season can be a time of great joy, connection and celebration. And if you find yourself feeling the warmth of the season, you are lucky.
Many, though, do not find the holidays a time for celebration. Family strife, financial woes, traumatic memories and even loneliness can make the season dark, not bright.
If you are having a rough time as the holidays approach, here are some tips to keep YOU in this Yuletide Season.
1. Put yourself first.
2. Don't over-schedule your time.
3. Keep a limit on spending.
4. Avoid triggers that set old traumas into motion.
5. Focus on what you can control.
6. Choose to do things you want to do, not have to do.
7. Keep expectations realistic.
8. Don't be afraid to delegate or ask for what you need.
9. Stay in the present and look toward the future.
10. Use your senses to find beauty and peace in small moments around you.