Saturday, May 06, 2006

Carnival of Healing: Week 40

I am delighted to be hosting week 40 of the The Carnival of Healing. I've submitted links to various carnivals, and thought it was time for me to throw my hat in as a host.

The Carnival of Healing is a weekly blog made up of collective sites and blogs on the topics of holistic health, wellness, spirituality and self empowerment. This week's theme is "Healing the Psyche".

I find that the best way for me to tend to my psyche is through my senses. Sight, Sound, Smell, Touch and Taste refuel me in wonderful ways. I revive myself with viewing nature, and when I can't get outside, looking at beautiful photographs and art always soothes me. Soundscape music or soft jazz can often be heard in the background in my home or office, filling the space with lush sounds. Fresh flowers or scented oils fill the air, and I surround myself with textures that feel so wonderful to touch and taste. Nothing like a velvet blanket and a cup of tea, I tell you. So for me, filling my senses replenishes my psyche.

Here are some other ways bloggers from the carnival tend to their psyche:

Pam Slims over at Escape From Cubicle Nation blogs about the book by Chris Pearson, "How to Kiss Corporate Life Goodbye" and writes here
an open letter to corporate America. The balance that can come from finding satisfaction with career and personal needs is invaluable. I couldn't agree more.

Bread and Money highlight the importance of good health and nutrition, and that the best way for parents to instill good overall health habits is for to be the example for their children. I couldn't agree more. Kenneth Lim over at Fun PC Games details his juicing experience, and finds that the process , though at first he questioned, was a positive one in the end for him. And Natural Remedies touts the medical and curative benefits of bananas. I thought they were just nutritious, but wow, the things they can do are amazing!

Batya from Blog Free , has found meaningful healing from Hannah's prayer. And Christine Kane agrees that prayer is powerful, and talks about how she overcame bulimia with an honest and open account of her experience. Kenneth Lim chimes in and reminds us that finding a sense of peace can come from Dwelling in the Kingdom Of God . And over at Frugal Wisdom, Wenchypoo poses the issue of frugality as secular religion.

Amit over at The Power of Choice, believes that embracing creativity is key. He says, "Everytime an idea pops into your head, utter to yourself: "What a great idea!!" Christine Kane echoes this as well, suggesting that we need to be bold and hear the inner voice within us in her post, "Who Do You Think You Are?"

Next Weeks' Carnival is May 13 , 2006, and will be hosted by Crossroads Dispatches. If you would like to submit a post for consideration in an upcoming edition, please visit the Carnival of Healing home page.

To visit last week's carnival, link to Spiral Visions


Heidi said...

Wow what great info! Just read about Banana's. I can't beleive all the uses for it. Never thought it would be good for water -rentention/pms. Def on my shopping list this week.

Have a great weekend Deb~

A Flowered Purse said...

Thats awesome Information Dr Deb! Thank you!!
I haven't been able to access your blog or any others for a couple days, I was beginning to worry!! Then when i comment the access codes have a box with an x in them :(
Have a great weekend

Leesa said...

Beautiful post :) I'm so flattered you mentioned my photos, thanks. I need to check out all of these sites now!

Phylameana said...

Hi Dr. Deb. What a great way for me to start off my Saturday morning - getting my psyche nourished! You did a wonderful job hosting the carnival. I sure hope your enjoyed the experience and will consider doing it again sometime.

Dr. Deborah Serani said...

Dear Heidi,
I am going to use them bananas that are going bad in my hair. Sounds like a nourishing way to condition my hair. I wonder if it'll smell nice. I hope so.

Dear Dianna,
That's totally weird what was happening with blogger. So glad it stopped blocking you.

Dear Leesa,
I love your photos, they capture so much/ Your nature photos are wonderful!!!

Dear Phylameana,
I did enjoy putting things together. Learned lots of new things too. Blogging is so great for expanding one's mind. I'd love to host again.


Sunnie Dee said...

I have just read the letter to the ceo that you linked to and it was a great insight for me, I realised how lucky I am in my new job where everyone is treated the same way, no one is above anyone else. The ceo doesn't have his own office in fact he gets a corner window and thats it, we are all encouraged to have fun at work, share ideas and help develop the company. Everyone has the same opportunity to earn bonus's. Where as my old employer did nothing to help anyones career unless they were a member of the "in" group, which is pretty much the smokers and drinkers. The words were how important we all were but the actions did not correspond, and interestingly enough, nearly every senior person (those who have been there for more then 2 years) have resigned in the last six months

jumpinginpuddles said...

ok i know that when i eat fruit and vegies i feel more energectic less tired and more able to do things. When i eat junk im more tired and more stressed out.

medline said...

That was good piece of information n good luck for u.

Tiesha said...

Hi Dr. Deb. I thought you might like my latest post. Not exactly what you write about, but it certainly does have a trauma compnent.

Ian Lidster said...

Deb, there is more here than one can absorb in one sitting, so I'll check out all the offerings that I find of personal interest in more depth later. Ah yes, the power of prayer. Whatever your Higher Power might be, to touch base with some entity you believe to be greater in yourself gives more hope than I once would have believed. I've changed that view, needless to say. Hope you are having a fine weekend. And, hey, my mouth doesn't hurt much any more, but thanks for asking.

Dr. Deborah Serani said...

Dear Sonnie,
Wow, you are lucky indeed!

Dear JIP,
Me too, no doubt about it.

Dear Punt,
Thanks, the carnival gathers them and then a host posts them. Thanks for visiting.

Dear Tiesha,
I wiIl visit now!

Dear Ian,
I know, I had to read a few of them at a time.


Rose said...

I went immediatel to the site. I enjoyed reading some of the posts. Thanks Dr.Deb for all this great info..

Dr. Deborah Serani said...

Dear Rose,
Welcomes as always!


Candace said...

Just reading this great post is uplifting, and I haven't even checked out the links yet - thanks!

Dr. Deborah Serani said...

Hey Candace,
I tried the banana as a hair conditioner. But I have some pointers....make sure the banana is mashed up, almost like tooth paste. And when you rinse in the shower, take a comb or a brush to make sure you get all the banana out. I learned the hard way, finding some of it in my hands and on my shoulders as I ran my fingers through my hair!!!! Good thing no one else noticed. My hair did shine though, brilliantly!

Id it is said...

Great post Deb!

Dr. Deborah Serani said...

Dear Id It Is,
A thousand thanks.


Amit said...

Hi Deborah, Apologies for not coming back sooner, it's been an incredibly hectic two weeks but I just wanted to say thanks for the link up, you have a gread blog, I've linked to yours and I will be dropping by regularly!

All the best,


Amit said...


Dr. Deborah Serani said...

Dear Amit,
So glad you will be visiting. I will visit to you as well.


Batya said...

Thanks for the link!

Anonymous said...

hosting directory search

Here's some useful info on hosting directory search
which you might be looking for. The url is:

aishwarya rai said...

good site

fitness said...

good site

language said...

good site

outsourcing world said...

good site

herbal store online said...

The Hypercet Cholesterol Formula can help support and maintain your healthy cholesterol levels already within the normal range. This formula is designed to work with and assist your normal body functions to help maintain optimum health.
Cholesterol is being talked about a lot these days, and almost all the reports are confusing. They make “cholesterol” sound like a really bad thing to have. They don’t tell you that your own body manufactures cholesterol in the liver.

All natural herbal supplement formulated to naturally increase the size, shape and firmness of women's breasts. It is specially manufactured with over thirteen unique herbs to assist in the development and natural growth of a woman's breasts. Breast Gain Plus natural enlargement offers a non-surgical solution to attaining fuller, bigger, firmer breasts with the help of a balanced combination of safe, all-natural ingredients.

Stress, anxiety and weight loss formula Relora® Max is a natural proprietary blend of a patented extract of Magnolia officinalis and a proprietary extract from Phellodendron amurense. Relora® was developed as an ingredient for dietary supplements and functional foods that could be used in stress management and for stress-related appetite control. This patented blend of plant extracts is the result of screening more than fifty plant fractions from traditional plant medicines used around the world. Relora® has excellent stress management properties without causing sedation.

If you have any kind of acne, even very severe acne, there is nothing you will find that works better to clear your complexion than our revolutionary Natural skin treatment Acnezine solution! Acnezine is all-natural and scientifically formulated to treat acne from the inside out. Practically everyone has to deal with acne from time to time. It's not because we eat chocolate. It's not because we don't wash our face enough. In fact, washing too vigorously can make acne worse!

No Prescription Necessary! You can have realistic gains in just a few weeks. Thousands of Satisfied Customers Worldwide! Complete penis enlargement pills that is Laboratory Tested! Do you want a bigger penis? Do you want to pleasure your partner every time? Do you want your penis to be hard all the time? If you are serious about enlarging, strengthening and developing your penis naturally, then you have finally found what you are looking for.

Insomnia... tension... irritability... weight gain... nervousness... fatigue... these are just a few of the uncomfortable and even painful symptoms most quitters experience. Just one or two of these is enough to have most people crying "uncle" and racing toward their hidden "emergency" pack of cigarettes. Once that happens, all hope of quitting smoking is lost. Nicocure® is a new generation aid to help you give up smoking. Nicocure® gives you the best possible chance of success and our workplace trials with thousands of smokers over ten years have demonstrated this.

Bowtrol for Sensitive Digestion is an all-natural probiotics system that supports healthy colon function. Bowtrol helps you maintain a healthy digestive tract, supports regularity, and promotes overall health and wellbeing.
Bowtrol Colon Cleanse is an all-natural herbal colon cleansing system that supports your body's natural design for eliminating toxins. Gentle, effective colon cleansing today will have you feeling wonderful tomorrow.