I'm very delighted to be honored as a Mental Health Hero by Chato B. Stewart during Mental Health Awareness month. It's always nice to get a pat on the back for work you've done, and I'm especially proud to be a Mental Health Hero.
Mental illness touches one in four Americans - yet only 25% will seek treatment for symptoms. Stigma claims the other 75%, wedging those who live with mental illness into a life of silent suffering.
Don't let shame keep you from getting the help you need.
Live loud and live proud.