Monday, July 18, 2011

High Profile People Who Talk Openly About Mental Illness

Take a look at some of the celebrities who live with a mental illness.



My award-winning book, "Living with Depression" includes a list of 350 high profile people that live with a mood disorder. Actors, artists, athletes, comedians, entrepreneurs, musicians, world leaders, sports legends and many famous others from all different fields - and all different countries.

The more that high profile people share their experiences with depression, the more stigma gets its butt kicked. There's no shame living with a mental illness - and after you learn about the well-known men and women who do, you're sure to decide you're in good company.

For more information, link here.

8 comments:

Sarebear said...

Congratulations on the publication of your book!

I bet many people would be surprised to learn of many of the people on that list. And possibly encouraged that hey, if they can deal with it, I can too . . .

mrwriteon said...

I'm really looking foward to reading your book, my dear friend.

Wanda's Wings said...

I am reading the book now and it has shed light on many things. Love the book.

Dr. Deb said...

Sarebear,
There's SO many more - over 400 in the book, but that'd be too long a video!

MrWriteOn,
You should have it soon!

Wanda,
That means VERY much to me.

Dr Vin Anxiety Depression Blog said...

Hi Deb,

Iam not too sure about your clinical practice, but with mind, I tend to find that the high achievers, anxious, perfectionistic with a touch of OCD, and self critical are the ones most prone to anxiety and depression. They have learnt to manage their anxiety through controlling their environment but as you know, certain things cannot be "controlled". Unfortunately, learning to accept things is not something that we harness in our Western Society. Hence, it is not too surprising to see so many high profile people with anxiety and depression and your effort in raising this awareness will help people to see that anxiety has its good and bad. It can help you to achieve or it can burn you. It is up to you to learn how to "harness" it. For all of those with anxiety, I hope that you can embrace it and channel it into something helpful.

Vin
A Family Doctor from Australia
www.doyouhavedepression.blogspot.com

Mary said...

Congratulations on your book being published, that is great, will look for it.

P.S. I have finally started writing again, and I am bringing my blog up to date.

rental mobil said...

Nice article, thanks for the information.

Dreaming again said...

I agree with Wanda.

As someone who has been depressed, has a dear dear friend who has severe depression and as a psychology major, I found it a valuable resource.