The holiday season can be a time of great joy, connection and celebration. And if you find yourself feeling the warmth of the season, you are lucky.
Many, though, do not find the holidays a time for celebration. Family strife, financial woes, traumatic memories and even loneliness can make the season dark, not bright.
If you are having a rough time as the holidays approach, keeping YOU in this Yuletide Season may help.
1 Put yourself first.
2. Don't over-schedule your time.
3. Keep a limit on spending.
4. Avoid triggers that set old traumas into motion.
5. Focus on what you can control.
6. Choose to do things you want to do, not have to do.
7. Keep expectations realistic.
8. Don't be afraid to delegate or ask for what you need.
9. Live in the present and future, resist the memories of the past.
10. Find beauty in things around you.
And if you find yourself struggling, reach out and get help.